This rewarding horticulture qualification provides you with the basic skills and knowledge to operate as a horticulture worker or assistant in plant and landscape environments.
There are endless possibilities in what you can achieve post-graduation. The technical, interpersonal, conceptual and practical skills learned through this qualification will help you unlock your potential and future career.
Ready to take the next step? Visit the Enrolment page or call (07) 3255 0506 to speak with an advisor. Our website contains all the current information regarding classroom timetables, pricing, government funding, payment options, recognition of prior learning, enrolment and more.
Eligibility criteria applies for various payment options and government funding. Please refer to the Funding page or feel free to contact us.
- AHCWHS201Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM201Recognise plants
- AHCPMG201Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL202Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCNSY201Pot up plants
- AHCNSY204Maintain indoor plant
- AHCPGD202Prepare and maintain plant displays
- AHCWRK209Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM18001CUse hand tools
- SIRXSLS002Follow point-of-sale handling procedures
- SIRXICT001AOperate retail technology
- SIRXMER201Merchandise Products
- SIRXPDK001Advise on products and services
- SIRXSLS001Sell to the retail customer
Online learning gives you the flexibility to study when and where you like. It is important that you have the right equipment available to undertake your course.
You will need to have basic computer skills, which includes the following:
· Be able to access and use the internet
· Ability to be able to use software to create, save and edit documents
· upload, download and save files
· attach and use devices, e.g. USB flash drive, audio headset
· participate in online discussions
Our software works best with google chrome and you should use the latest version to obtain optimum results.