The Certificate III in Commercial Cookery qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of cookery skills. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of kitchen operations.
There are endless possibilities in what you can achieve post-graduation. The technical, interpersonal, conceptual and practical skills learned through this qualification will help you unlock your potential and future career.
Ready to take the next step? Visit the Enrolment page or call (07) 3255 0506 to speak with an advisor. Our website contains all the current information regarding classroom timetables, pricing, government funding, payment options, recognition of prior learning, enrolment and more.
Eligibility criteria applies for various payment options and government funding. Please refer to the Funding page or feel free to contact us.
- BSBSUS201Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC001Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP001Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP002Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHPAT006Produce desserts
- SITXFSA001Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV002Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXWHS001Participate in safe work practices
- SITHCCC003Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITXINV004Control stock
- SITHIND002Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXCOM002Show social and cultural sensitivity
You are required to either be in paid employment or do volunteer work in a workplace to complete the practical aspects of the course.
Vocational Placement must be completed over at least 48 complete food service periods (or ‘shifts’).
Online learning gives you the flexibility to study when and where you like. It is important that you have the right equipment available to undertake your course.
You will need to have basic computer skills, which includes the following:
· Be able to access and use the internet
· Ability to be able to use software to create, save and edit documents
· upload, download and save files
· attach and use devices, e.g. USB flash drive, audio headset
· participate in online discussions
Our software works best with google chrome and you should use the latest version to obtain optimum results.