There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Cookery at CA
Enjoy cooking for family and friends? Turn that joy into a career in the culinary industry. Gain knowledge of kitchen operations and commercial food preparation. This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with independence and under guidance using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Study a variety of topics including:
- Plan and cost basic menus
- Food preparation equipment
- Appetisers and salads
- Stocks, sauces and soups
- Vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- Poultry, seafood, meat dishes
- Cakes, pastries, breads and desserts
- Sandwiches and cheeses
- Special dietary requirements
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
- Cleaning, food safety and hygeine
- Coach others in job skills
- Cultural diversity
- Environmentally sustainable work practices
Our aim is to make fees as transparent as possible, so we made it plain and simple here.
Fees and Funding
- RPL Fee (if applicable) is $1995
Payment Plan Options
- First Payment is $266.25 (includes $100 admin fee)
- Monthly Payment is $166.25 over 11 months
For more information, check out our Fees and Funding page.
|2018 SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery|
|2019 SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery|