Frequently Asked Questions

How does College Australia help support my training?

Every client is valued, which is why we try to supply you with all the support you need. We will:

  • Provide you with all the information and resources to get started;
  • Tailor the course and training options to suit you;
  • Connect you with your fun and friendly Trainer;
  • Guide you through the entire process;
  • Provide you with on-going support offered via email and telephone communications;
  • Keep you updated with news, study hints and helpful information via the student portal, as well as our blog and newsletter;
  • Issue the nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment upon completion.

What study options and study methods are available?

We offer different study options to cater for all of our student’s needs. You can choose to complete your studies via Online, Distance or Face-to-Face. We also have options for corporate clients and traineeships in the workplace.

To find out more about Study Options click here.

What documents do I need to enrol?

Enrolling couldn’t be easier! All you need to do is go to our website to enrol online. You will also need to provide us with copies of your Identification which may include one or more of the following:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • License issued under Australian law

Additional documentation may be required to prove citizenship, permanent residency or other visa status.

To enrol in a course click here.

What is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) and how can I create one?

If you’re studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results (transcript) that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards.

When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, you will often need to provide your training records and results (transcript). One of the main benefits of the USI is the ability to provide students with easy access to their training records and results (transcript) throughout their life.

To create or access your USI account online please click here.

To ensure College Australia are better able to serve you please email your USI to us at your earliest convenience.

What is the LLN Skills Assessment and why do I need to complete it?

All students will undertake pre-enrolment eligibility assessments to ensure they have the skills to meet the language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands and qualification entry requirements of their chosen training course. We encourage students with issues to seek assistance from our student advisors or your trainer.

We will discuss the full range of options available in a supportive and caring environment, which will assist the student in achieving their educational outcomes.

How do I apply for an assessment extension?

If you need an extension make sure to let us know.

You can email us or call us.

You should try to speak to your trainer directly, but if they are unavailable you can talk to one of our student advisors. They’ll advise you about the options available and guide you through the process.

How can I change my mode of study or course?

If you need to change your study mode or your course make sure to let us know.

You can email us or call us here.

You should try to speak to your trainer directly, but if they are unavailable you can talk to one of our student advisors. They’ll advise you about the options available and guide you through the process.

How can I withdraw from my course?

If you need to withdraw from your course altogether make sure to let us know.

You can email us or call us here.

You should try to speak to your trainer directly, but if they are unavailable you can talk to one of our student advisors. They’ll advise you about the options available and guide you through the process.

How can I apply for a re-issue of a certificate or SOA?

College Australia provides certified copies of certificates and other educational results it holds. To protect people’s privacy, copies can only be provided to the person named on the certificate.

To apply for a re-issue of a certificate please fill in our online form and supply proof identity to us. A fee is payable with the application. We will contact you within 2-4 business days in regards to your application.

What if I have a complaint?

College Australia is committed to providing quality training and assessment in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (SRTOs 2015). As such, College Australia is required to have a policy and processes in place to manage and respond to allegations involving the conduct of staff, learners and third party training and assessment providers who provide services on behalf of College Australia.

To lodge a Complaint or Appeal, please fill out and submit this form

What are the course fees involved?

At College Australia we pride ourselves on offering competitive course fees that are more than affordable and listed on each course page. To make things even better, we try to cater for everyone with our flexible payment options.

How do I pay for my course, and do I have to pay upfront?

At College Australia we understand that not everyone can pay upfront. That’s why we work in with you to offer flexible and affordable Student Payment Plans.

To learn more about course fees, government funding and payment plans click here.

What is the Student Payment Plan, and what does it cover and how do I apply?

If eligible, you have the option of organising a Student Payment plan to assist you in paying your course fees. Unfortunately, the Student Payment Plans only covers the cost of the Course Fees.

To apply for a Student Payment Plan you will need to discuss this with a Student Services during enrolment.

Am I able to get government assistance while I study?

In general, most Centrelink payments are only available to people who are living in Australia and an Australian resident. Certain temporary visa holders may be eligible, depending on the payment type. You may also need to meet a qualifying residence period or Newly arrived resident’s waiting period, unless exempt.

Additional waiting periods may apply.

If you live in, or are currently present in, a country that has an international social security agreement with Australia, the agreement may assist you to claim Australian payments that are covered by the agreement. If you have lived or worked in one of these countries, the agreement may also help you to meet any qualifying residence period for Australian payments that are covered by the agreement.

Specific rules apply for New Zealand citizens claiming payments in Australia.

When does Concessional Student status apply?

  • If a domestic student holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependent of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card and is named on the card.
  • If the student provides College Australia with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, his or her partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a health care or pensioner concession card.
  • If the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
  • If the student has a disability
  • If the student is an adult prisoner

What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?

What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process that allows the competencies you already possess to be recognised, regardless of how you obtained them.

Recognition of prior learning could provide you with a full or part qualification, and avoid duplication of training. It could be used to identify what training you may need to complete a qualification, or could provide a pathway to higher qualifications for people who may not have access to further training.

To find out more about RPL and how to apply click here.

What is the difference between a Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning?

A Credit Transfer is the process by which a student can have credit towards a course(s) they are undertaking or intend to undertake, from a previous qualification obtained.

A RPL is the recognition of knowledge and skills from life or work experience, or any type of training the student may have previously undertaken.

I already have a qualification; can I apply for a Credit Transfer?

Yes you can – If you have undertaken a relevant course, you may be able to apply for a credit transfer to have the direct recognition of a Unit of Competency from a previous qualification.

If you are applying for a credit transfer you must provide a certified copy of your official transcript(s) showing the unit(s) you are applying for and any other required evidence.

What do we expect in our students?

Have the right attitude:
  • Show enthusiasm and initiative
  • Complete activities set by your trainer
  • Listen to instructions and ask questions when you are unsure
  • Ask if you are unsure
  • Be polite, courteous and well-mannered throughout the placement with all staff members
  • Dress appropriately for class
  • Ask questions about the course, business and the industry.
  • Be positive. A positive attitude is the best thing you can take with you on campus.
  • Enjoy yourself here in Australia.
Attendance and Punctuality:
  • Arrive to your classes on time each day
  • Take only the allocated time for your breaks
  • Contact College Australia first thing in the morning if you are unable to attend on a particular day

You will be required to comply with occupational health and safety guidelines:

  • You will be required to work in a safe manner
  • You will need to report any accidents to your trainer or administration immediately
  • You should notify your trainer if you identify any hazards on campus

What should students expect from us?

We will:
  • Provide a safe working environment
  • Assist you in your course and encourage you to participate in a range of activities
  • Maintain campus facilities
  • Recommend any relevant external facilities that may bolster your learning experience
  • Notify you immediately if any problems or issues arise

Who should I contact if I need assistance or I am having problems?

Please seek assistance and make sure to contact the appropriate person if you have any problems you can’t deal with.

Your trainer or the College Australia staff will be available to help you. You may contact is directly to talk with one of our student advisors.

What should I do if I am running late for class?

This shouldn’t happen. However, if something happens to make you late you should phone the College Australia office to make us aware that you are on your way.

Provided you get there as soon as possible, and your reason is genuine and unavoidable, we will understand. However, do not make this a habit.

What should I do if I am sick and cannot go to my class?

Call us so we can make your trainer aware.

When possible, phone us before normal starting time and explain why you will be absent. If you can, try and provide an indication of the length of time you think you will be absent.

We may require a doctor’s certificate. If so, make an appointment with your doctor.

What should I do if I am injured on campus?

There are specific procedures to follow if you are injured on campus. However, no matter how trivial you think the injury is, you should report is to your trainer immediately.

Depending on the extent of your injury, we may suggest you see a doctor or call emergency services on your behalf.

What should I do if I have a part time job which clashes with my class times?

Discuss this in advance with your trainer. Try to arrange your regular roster to fit in with your classes.

If there is a problem, contact College Australia.

What should I do if I feel I am being harassed on campus or in relation to my studies?

College Australia endeavours to provide a safe learning space at all times.

Harassment may fall into a number of categories. It is essential that, if you are not comfortable with your classmates or trainer and it isn’t resolved through discussion, you discuss this with someone immediately. This may be someone from your family, from College Australia or from appropriate representation.

What should I do if I have any other problems during my studies?

Do not wait until your course is over to discuss the issue – it is important to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

International Information

Support Services

We aim to assist our students as much as possible, so we are connected with external support providers to help students at various stages of the education process.

Pre-Enrolment Eligibility

All students will undertake pre-enrolment eligibility assessments to ensure they have the skills to meet the language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands and qualification entry requirements of their chosen training course. We encourage students who encounter issues to seek assistance from the Coordinator or your trainer.

CA will discuss the full range of options available in a supportive and caring environment, which will assist the student in achieving their educational outcomes.

Student Support Services

Personal Support

We understand that there may be times when personal issues may affect your ability to undertake your training. We encourage students to advise us if there are personal issues which will impact their attendance or progression through the course. CA staff will ensure options are available to minimise the impact on your course progress and provide alternatives, dependant on the circumstances, e.g. deferring course for a period of time.

Learning Support

Should a participant or potential participant identify or be identified with learning support requirements which are considered to be sufficient that the student is unlikely to achieve the competency standards without significant customised delivery or assessment strategies, students are to be referred to a Registered Training Organisation (public or private) who will be better able to support the participant to address the issue.

Assistance to the participant, and liaison with the Registered Training Organisation will be provided, where applicable, to identify the specific support requirements.

Disability Support

Should a participant or potential participant identify themselves with a disability, trainers will liaise with the participant and relevant disability support agencies/workers to assess the viability of the student to complete the course, and the delivery and assessment requirements of the participant through customisation of the program.

If however providers are unable to accommodate the needs of the participant, we will endeavour to identify another Registered Training Organisation that can deliver the same competencies who are able to accommodate the needs of the student.

Language Services

Reading Writing Hotline

The Reading Writing Hotline provides information on:

  • – Reading and writing classes for adults in your local area
  • – Distance learning if you are unable to attend classes
  • – How to become a literacy volunteer
  • – Commonwealth-funded English as a second language (ESL)programs for migrants
  • – Commonwealth-funded programs for Centrelink clients
  • – Literacy in the workplace programs

You can call their free Helpline on 1300 6555 06 or visit the website http://www.readingwritinghotline.edu.au/.

Interpreter Service

If an Interpreter service is required by participants, we will endeavour to locate the appropriate free service where necessary.

In the event that you need to access an interpreter to assist with your learning or assessment you may need to contact the TIS National on 131 450 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or go to the Australian Government Immigration website http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/help-with-english/help_with_translating/.

Where an interpreter is accessed and where the costs are not covered by government funding, the costs of this will be met by the participant.

Course Applications

We want you to have all the information prior to submitting your application, so we strongly encourage you to read:

– Student Information
– ESOS Framework
– Student Rules
– G’day Guide
– International Student Offer Acceptance Conditions (You will need to sign this document when you receive a Letter of Offer)
– International Student Refund Policy
– Deferral, Suspension and Cancellation Policy

You will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and understood some of these documents when submitting your application.

Your offer letter is very important – if you don’t start your course, or finish your course, this written agreement will be used to determine if you will receive a refund. Make sure you:

– Read the Letter of Offer carefully before you accept it.
– Understand all your rights, including the refund arrangements.
– Do not accept the Letter of Offer if you are not happy with any of its terms, contact College Australia and discuss your concerns.
– Keep a copy of the Letter of Offer. You will need this copy so that you are aware of your rights and if you have to make a claim.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us using the below details.

Phone: +61732550506
Email: info@collegeaustralia.edu.au

Helpful Support Contacts

Where social or personal circumstances may affect a participant’s learning experience, we will support the participant where possible, including referral to the following:

  • – Centrelink – 13 10 21
  • – National Training Hotline – 133873
  • – Department of Immigration – 131 881
  • – Mission Australia Helpline – 1300 886 999
  • – Salvation Army Care Line – (07) 3831 9016
  • – Lifeline – 13 11 14
  • – Beyond Blue – 1300224636
  • – Men’s Line Australia – 1300 789 978
  • – Alcoholics Anonymous – (07) 3255 9162
  • – Alcohol and Drug Information Service – (07) 3236 2414
  • – Drug and Alcohol Helpline – 1800 888236
  • – Pregnancy Helpline – 1300 139 313
  • – Drug Arm – 1300 656 800
  • – Translation & Interpreter Service – 13 14 50
  • – Sexual Assault Helpline – 1800 010 120
  • – Gambling Helpline – 1800 222 050
  • – Youth Mental Health – 1800 551800
  • – Disability Services Queensland – 1800 177 120
  • – Legal Aid Queensland – 1300 651 188
  • – Adult Learning Australia – www.ala.asn.au